Monday, October 20, 2014

Getting my groove back.

Finally!! I've had an uninterrupted block of time to converse with my muse; no appointments, no obligations, no moving from place to place and no one needing my assistance. Needless to say I was happy to get back to the studio.


But alas, having been away so long, where to begin was an issue. A major deadline was looming (that in itself can often have a crippling effect on progress) and my creative energy was skipping from one idea to another; like a bee moving from one flower to the next, never settling for any length of time on one blossom. Ideas that I've been having over the summer but not had the opportunity to engage with, were backed up in my mind; a traffic jam of creative options. The challenge now was getting these ideas out of my head and down on paper.


I needed to focus on just one thing at a time and hope I'd eventually get into that zone that would allow me to settle down and actually get something accomplished.

Working on sketches, creating positive transparencies, and burning a few test plates got me back into the routine of studio work. Pulling proofs got my mind back into the game and by the end of the week I felt like I had some sense of the way forward.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful and amazing summer, Melody! Your grand babies are adorable. Unfortunately, any break from the studio, no matter how wonderful, makes the return difficult. Glad you're finding your rhythm again.

    ReplyDelete